1.03.2008

The first legs

Beginning with Christmas Eve spending the evening with my father leading a couple of bible studies in the Edgar County Jail, the trip has been filled with an uncanny sort of patience that hasn't left yet. In the jail that evening I had the opportunity to share with some of the inmates about my trip and a young man named Jason handed me a cross he had braided, and told me that this is all he had, but he wanted me to keep it close on my travels to remember to pray.

The next day I woke up to fighting in my mothers house, and asked some friends to pray with me for my family, and by the time my brother and I finished reading the christmas story the house was at peace again.

These words stuck: "If you don't realize that you need just as much forgiveness and grace for that moment as the other person in that situation things will never be resolved."

The power of prayer astounds me.