1.27.2008

A Good reminder

Friday morning Marcus and I set out to leave New Orleans and head to Florida.We made it to Alabama and once again got stuck at a truck stop for 8 hours. The next morning we got a ride into Florida and meet a wonderful you man named Sunny.
Sunny was a political refugee from Vietnam and had lived in Germany for 16 years, just outside of Hamburg. He ended up giving us a ride all the way from the pan handle to just outside Orlando, and made plenty use of my shody German skills. Since he had only been in the U.S. for two months my German was apparently better than his English.
I pray that the Lord blesses this man and all of the others who have and haven't brought us thus far.
And at 3 am Gary came and picked us up from the local TA station and blessed us with a ride down to Fort Myers with a wonderful young lady named Baily in the car.

In the car ride down to Fort Myers we spent a good amount of time catching up and then found ourselves in great conversation. Just the perfect way for G-d to bring me a reminder of alot of things I had completely lost focus of.

We had the usual conversation of the difference between those who choose to travel and those who choose to stay put. As well as the biblical calls and places for both in the body of Christ. However, in conversation I found myself making arguments for both sides in these conversation, both for those in school and those who choose not to go to school. And after a few moments of feeling the drain of having similar conversations over and over again it dawned on me, what I believe G-d really has instore for my process right now, and what my place should be in these conversations.

It is not by chance, I believe, that I always seem to find a way to play devil's advocate in these conversations. And many times the arguments even come for a view I would not choose to side with. And this is because I have forgotten that I don't believe that the answers to things come very easily.

I want to believe that my views, very likely, are just as skewed and biased and off-based as anyone else's.

And the reason this is ok is because none of us can hold the answers by ourselves. As a WHOLE, and only as a whole does the Body of Christ even begin to take upon itself the full role as the bride of Christ.

I want to believe whole heartedly that I will probably never have all of the answers. Let alone, a few of them.

However, I want to believe that since G-d surpasses our understanding by so much, if we are willing to hold whatever opinions we have in an open hand we may take legitimate steps towards fulfilling the role that we have the potential to fill.

I want to believe that in holding our opinions in an open hand rather than a closed hand, we leave room for G-d to move in them and change them. And, if we hold them to tightly we loose sight of the fact that ALL people are created in the image of G-d and therefore ALL people hold a piece of the truth inside of them.

I pray that I might be able to take this stance more often and learn to take the opositions views to reform my own, and not just attempt to reform the other.

Lord, take my will and transform it to be more like yours and less like mine.

Thanks for your time.