11.12.2008

Uganda for a New York Minute and Seattle for a Hot Minute now

I'm back in Seattle now, with no more plans made for any more trips (at least for), and it's now time to find my place here with G-d and with his provision in the daily routines of sittin' still.

Up until my trip to Uganda my stay in Seattle had felt quite temporary because I knew there was another step a head in a certain direction, and now I'm learning to trust G-d in providing steps forward while I stay put in this town for a while.

For the first time in a long while I'm learning to change my mindset from a temporal local and a consistent G-d to a more long term local with an evermore consistent G-d I've known all along.

But it's harder than it sounds.

A lot of people talk about how traveling seems like such a radical thing, and how hard it must be, but I beg to differ right now. The more applications I fill out, turn in, and interviews I do for a job that might be my place for several months, the harder I'm finding it to be content with where G-d has put me. Or more specifically; the harder it seems to find new ways to trust in G-d's provision for me and for growth.

It so easy to focus on that which is hard on a daily basis. It's easy to forget the mentality that in the same way that places come and go, so will the trials of this life. I would go to the extent of saying that the traveling mentality of there will be an end to this hard spot soon enough, is something that flees easily in being still and being satisfied with G-d's provision there.

In fact it is in the hardship of trusting G-d and nothing else, that one begins to realize one's faults.

It is my desire to continue to pray that G-d will continue to shape my heart and my desire to be more like his, even when there isn't a physical representation of forward motion.

Marcus now lives in Seattle, with Beer (his dog). Scum of the Earth is still maturing daily and progress is being made on some of the various projects around.

But still we pray that G-d may take our sinful hearts and pour the blood of the lamb on us to make our sins as white as snow.