12.17.2007

the beginnings of a long journey

I returned to Colorado Springs about a week and-a-half ago after finishing my last few days in Seattle for a while. 
I've decided to take a little bit of time away from "higher education" in order to further my education in another facet.
This is a potentially temporal step taken after having wrestled with a number of questions for quite some time now.
I've decided to take a break in light of having sought for direction from G-d in what my next steps should be. After having asked my self questions like "has my time here (in school) come to an end?" and "how do I be sure to live in light of what I believe G-d is calling me to, rather than what seems most natural?" I have come to an understanding of an uncanny peace in making this decision.
After having spent countless amounts of time in prayer with the community surrounding me I have found that this step is the best step for me to take, in my search for living in light of G-d's will. 
I want to begin this blog by saying that I want to hold all of the steps and decisions in such a way as to acknowledge my fallibility and my ability to completely misunderstand what G-d is trying to tell me. Also I want to say that in my struggle to understand my place, I want to hold all of my decisions and steps in such a way that I leave room for G-d to use all of these steps to further His kingdom. This comes from the understanding that even when I take a step in the wrong direction, G-d has the ability to redeem even my smallest mistakes and short-comings.

Throughout the entirety of this blog I pray that all of my words and actions might be a reflection of where I have come in my attempts to "Seek first the Kingdom of Heaven."

thanks for taking the time to read this, and there will be more to come soon.