3.13.2008

Miteinander Leben Pt. 1

The Train De Vie (Train of Life), our current project of a school-bus "ministry", currently sits in Largo, Florida at a man named Bump's House. And we've spent the last week or so getting our hands pretty dirty in bus work.

As of now we have a bunk bed, two end cabinets, a large work table, and two couches, all complete with large storage compartments/areas finished. And we've begun the process of building our pantry/sink area, bathroom, stove/refrigerator area, and the rest of our main cabin sleeping facilities.

But aside from the steady progress of building up 2x4's and ply-wood for practical use, I think all six of us can say that this week has been a long week of refining us as individuals as well. This week has been a week of hard work physically as well as just about anything else.

However, we are continually thankful for what this is continuing to do for all of us.

This week we had our first real breakdown (if I dare call it that), and yet after being reminded by our good friend Dietrich Bonhoffer, we have recognized that this isn't always a bad thing at all. In fact it was comforting to realize that when things don't go the way you think they should, it can be because your ways aren't always G-d's ways.

And not only that, but I've realized that when I begin my day by recognizing that not every person with a set of beliefs gets the blessing of living with other people with similar beliefs (let alone 5 of them), I begin to look at the rest of the people on this bus as parts of the same body, rather than just seperate individuals.
And while there are very different people on this bus it really changes all of our perspectives when we remember that we supposedly believe that we will be together for eternity.
In fact I'm pretty sure this will change the way I think about loving my neighbor if I can do better to remember this more.

For now those are my thoughts and updates, but I will try and post again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your prayers and support, we are tremendously grateful.